The Road Safety Audit Toolkit
The Road Safety Audit (RSA) Toolkit is an on-line tool to assist practitioners carry out road safety audits. The Toolkit was launched on-line in early 2005.
- The computer based expert system is designed to assist road safety auditors by:
- prompting auditors with the Austroads Road Safety Audit Guide 2nd Edition (2002) checklist questions
- providing a medium in which they can record the audit location and team details
- providing a medium in which auditors can record the findings of an audit in a structured manner, based on the Austroads Road Safety Audit Guide 2nd Edition
- providing relevant Australasian and jurisdiction specific reference publications and a searching function that allows auditors to interrogate references using ?key words? to identify salient sections
- providing an export function that allows auditors to generate road safety audit reports
- allowing reproduction of the Austroads checklists for use in the field.
A key feature of providing access via the Internet is that it ensures that all users will have access to the latest version of the program, and the most recent edition of the references.
This paper describes the development of the system and its application.